click here to close this box and continue browsing.
This blog has been transferred to a new site. Please look there.
Jan 23, 2005
Hawaii

I have a birthmark on my arm that kind of looks like Hawaii (if you squint a bit). Yeah, I know people have interesting talents - being able to wiggle their ears, oppress the destitute masses of an undeveloped country, or conjugate Latin verbs (stuck up overachievers in the corner - are you listening?), for instance. But this is Hawaii! We're talking about the 50th state on my arm, for Pete's sake!

Wait. Who's this Pete character, and why are people always worried about his sake? Why don't you worry about my sake every once in a while, for a change? I bet you Pete isn't out there worrying about your sake, while I....Ok, so I don't worry about your sake much either. But hey, at least I'm better looking. And I have that birthmark. I bet you Pete can't top that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that birthmark, and it looks a lot more like New Zealand than Hawaii, if you ask me. Which is still more of a talent than any I've got, especially when you consider just how many sheep there are in New Zealand (a lot).

Anonymous said...

I have no clue what the hell you're talking about, but since I'm back in the country, I'm sure you'll be able to show me this fantastically formed country-like blemish in the near future, right? I'll call you this week.

Anonymous said...

I never knew that Pete was into Japanese alcoholic beverages made from fermented rice, which is usually served hot. And, Ilan, I am in fact very worried about your version of this rice wine. If you have been reduced to making alchoholic beverages from *rice*, maybe you should consider a vacation from Ithaca...and go to Hawaii!!!

Anonymous said...

saki, lansey, saki

but nice try

Anonymous said...

You're zany. But I'm glad
And yes, I've gotten all your comments, and thank you. And I read yours too, you see.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm squinting a lot, and I just don't see it.

» Newer Post « » Older Post « Home