click here to close this box and continue browsing.
This blog has been transferred to a new site. Please look there.
Nov 20, 2003
Because We All Need Mitigation, Sometimes
For once, a true story. Yesterday I went outside my house to find a van with the words "Radon Mitigation" written on it. I probably ought to have just gone back to my room, assumed the fetal position and whimpered in my bed till I fell asleep, but, you see, this didn't strike me as that unusual. At lunch, I was talking to a friend, and he explained why. We always have these random guys walking around, testing, poking, prodding, fixing - who knows. It's not clear that anyone calls them or anything. They just kind of show up and do stuff. Like mitigate radon. Like a radon mitigation fairy, only you don't need to lose a tooth to get a nice, new, shiny non-life-threatening environment. I think any guy with overalls could just walk into my house and start playing with wires, power tools, rocket launchers - whatever - and no one would pay him no never mind. Definitely not if he also has a clipboard. But who calls them? Likely our housekeeper, or the house manager, right? That's what we thought. But as my friend pointed out, what would prompt them to call a radon mitigation man? Were they hanging out in the basement, chewing the fat, joking around, when all of a sudden they noticed something in the corner, and exclaimed, "Whoa, that radon looks like it needs mitigating, ASAP!" ? I guess some of life's mysteries are best left as mysteries.

0 comments:

» Newer Post « » Older Post « Home