click here to close this box and continue browsing.
This blog has been transferred to a new site. Please look there.
Dec 1, 2003
Haircuts and Nonsense
A mixed bag today. Firstly: There are three types of people in this world, not two, as previously thought. Thank you. Secondly, I recently got a haircut, and I noticed an interesting social phenomenon. People say "nice haircut" as a replacement for "I want you to know that I am aware that your hair is notably shorter than it was in the recent past," because the latter sounds stupid and isn't a compliment. Not that I'm self-conscious about my looks, but I'd like someone to come up to me, peer at my now-lighter cranium, and say, quite nonchalantly, "Don't worry - it'll grow in, I'm sure." I would really believe a future compliment from that person, wouldn't you? And lastly, I had an...interesting day today. Read more about it here: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Evenstar08 in the posting from today (11/30) and the first comment following it.

0 comments:

» Newer Post « » Older Post « Home